Friday 3 November 2017

Decided

So I finally decided what to do for my Genius Hour project. There are a lot of students with attention disorders in my placement and they are always struggling to sit still because they just have so much energy. Not only this but all students are sitting for 8 hours a day in their classrooms and then they go home and spend hours in front of the TV watching shows or playing video games! When we as teachers have them for 8 hours a day and we decide what we teach and what goes on in that classroom why wouldn't we want to get them up and moving when we can. It is healthier for the students, and gets them engaged and interested in learning what you're teaching them. Students also remember things that interest them and when they are up and moving they are likely having more fun than when they are sitting at their desks. Thus, I've decided to research different ways I can incorporate movement into the classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment